P1158 OBD Code Definition:
P1158 Lack Of HO2S22 Switch – Sensor Indicates Rich
P1158 OBD Code Description:
- Pinched, shorted, and corroded wiring and pins.
- Crossed sensor wires.
- Exhaust leaks.
- Contaminated or damaged sensor.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Check wiring and connections
- Check hoses
- Check / Replace Manifold Pressure Sensor
The downstream HO2Ss are forced rich and lean and monitored by the PCM. The test fails if the PCM does not detect the output of the HO2S in a calibrated amount of time.